SRA Transparency Rules – Sale of leasehold residential property
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of your new home.
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements
• Legal fee £900.00 – £1000.00 (+VAT)
• Electronic money transfer fee £40.00
Estimated total: £1120.00 (inclusive of VAT). This estimate is based upon the sale of a leasehold registered property with no mortgage to be redeemed on completion.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my house sale take?
How long it will take from your acceptance of a buyer’s offer until completion of the sale will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8-12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain, however, the majority of the time will be taken up by the buyers who will need to conduct searches and make any necessary enquiries of us as acting for you, the seller.
Stages of the process:
• Take your instructions and give you initial advice
• Draft and advise on contract documents
• Responding to enquiries of buyer’s solicitor
• Give you advice on all documents and enquiries received
• Send final contract to you for signature
• Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
• Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
• Complete purchase